Monday, June 08, 2015

INLET - 6.8.15

by Robin

Jack was dying to go back offshore after church since the boat was still hooked up but my body wasn't willing to cooperate.  He tried to get some friends to go.  No go.


 photo DSC_0347-1_1.jpg

I don't know how he managed to do this, but he talked me into getting some mud minnows and playing in the port.  Wind was whipping hard from the east, so we stayed in the channel, mostly the locks. I have a cool story about the Freedom of the Seas making an emergency stop to the port to drop off an emergent patient but that will have to be done tomorrow or another day.

These photos were taken AFTER it left the docks.  Sun was setting & fish were biting.

 photo DSC_0351-1_1.jpg

You can't see it here but Jack had a flounder in his hands.

 photo DSC_0339-1.jpg

Basically, I wanted to share my sunset photos.  I didn't catch one fish all evening.  Jack caught a crevalle jack, small mangrove and 2 flounder.  Only the one flounder came home with us.

 photo DSC_0344-1.jpg


 photo DSC_0367-1.jpg

 photo DSC_0365-1_1.jpg


My evening shots.  I am learning how to use my advanced settings with my new camera.  These were taken in manual mode.

 photo DSC_0363-1_1.jpg

First Choice looks magnificent under the amber lights.  My exposure was set for 2 minutes.

Hope you had a peaceful & fun weekend.
Robin

No comments: